Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is she hungry?

(5 Posts)
MissTwister Fri 30-Oct-15 07:34:14

My daughter had slept from 8-7ish with one wake up feed around 4-5am since about 6 weeks, but now at nearly 4 months (just over 3 adjusted) she has added in a 2am feed.

I know about 4 month sleep regression so we tried to comfort without feeding but she quickly escalates to full on crying and then takes a decent 3oz (expressed breast milk) feed before falling back to a (restless) sleep till about 5:30.

My question is - do you think she is actually hungry and if so what would cause her to suddenly need this extra feed? Or am I wrongly creating an established extra feed?

Any advice appreciated!

mintbiscuit Fri 30-Oct-15 16:35:31

Babies sleep patterns/feeding patterns/growth patterns change a lot in the first couple of years.

If dc is taking a feed in the night then she needs it. She is still really young. I have always offered a feed in the night for all of mine to eliminate hunger as a possible reason for waking. If they didn't need it they would promptly fall asleep at the boob. I would go with the flow for now. smile

MissTwister Fri 30-Oct-15 20:02:49

Thanks mintbiscuit - the fact she does drink makes me feel she is hungry. Wish she was less hungry and I could sleep....

Caterina99 Sun 01-Nov-15 20:33:03

Could be growth spurt. How long has this been going on for? There's loads of them around that age.

My ds is 4.5 months. A few weeks ago he was waking much more than normal and was clearly hungry. He went back to his normal (ish) pattern after a few days of this.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 01-Nov-15 20:37:04

Mine is 4 months and still feeds 3-4 times overnight. As she's still so little I always just offer her the breast when she wakes. They have regular growth spurts throughout the first year which can alter sleep patterns/hunger levels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now