Talk

Advanced search

confused!

(7 Posts)
spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 21:05:07

My son is 4 months old and up until 3 month slept not too badly (slept for 2 predictable naps of 2 -3 hours during day, went down to sleep between 10pm and 12pm, woke once for feed about 4am then back down till 7 or 8am - it was bliss) but now he has no pattern at all, he will go down anywhere betwen 8pm and 1am and on a good night will wake every 2-3 hours and one of the wakings he will be up for 2 hours. On a bad night he wont sleep for more than 30 mins at a time. He also wont nap for more than 30 mins during day now either.

I am at my wits end and very confused - the only place he will sleep is his pram, but my health visitor keeps saying he should be sleeping through and that i need to put him in his cot to learn to fall asleep on his own - i have been trying this since 5 weeks ago to no avail.

Any suggestions??

Note:he is breastfed (have tried a formula bottle at bed and makes no difference)

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 21:32:29

Bump?

youlemming Thu 29-Oct-15 22:26:09

Could he be teething, DD1 was a great sleeper at night until she got her first tooth at 5 mo.
DD2 is 3 mo has just started fussing at night after also being good and I'm sure she has a couple of teeth sat right under the surface.

HV usually say babies should be sleeping through by 6 mo but in reality I think there are more that don't than those that do.

Have you tried putting the pram (if detachable) in the cot then after a week or so try the cot again, we did this with the moses basket so it wasn't a big change to move out of our room and into the cot in one hit.

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 22:51:41

He has had all the signs of teething for weeks so i cant really tell if he is or not confused but maybe. Well hes huge for 4 month, he doesnt fit in moses basket or pram but of buggy so its just a normal buggy hes in. He likes cot - will happily lie there for an hour or so giggling away. Even removed oneside like the chicco thing so i could breastfeed him to sleep in it - which he will do but wont sleep for more than an hour in it!

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 22:54:11

Hes still in our room too, hes just so big that weve had to try put him in cot!

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 22:55:07

And i would co sleep but dh is so against it that he wont let me (hes a paramedic and has had a few cot deaths so thats why)

53rdAndBird Fri 30-Oct-15 22:05:25

Sounds like the 4 month sleep regression. It is pretty miserable. There's a support thread for it somewhere in Sleep - suggest checking that out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now