Talk

Advanced search

confused!

(7 Posts)
spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 21:05:07

My son is 4 months old and up until 3 month slept not too badly (slept for 2 predictable naps of 2 -3 hours during day, went down to sleep between 10pm and 12pm, woke once for feed about 4am then back down till 7 or 8am - it was bliss) but now he has no pattern at all, he will go down anywhere betwen 8pm and 1am and on a good night will wake every 2-3 hours and one of the wakings he will be up for 2 hours. On a bad night he wont sleep for more than 30 mins at a time. He also wont nap for more than 30 mins during day now either.

I am at my wits end and very confused - the only place he will sleep is his pram, but my health visitor keeps saying he should be sleeping through and that i need to put him in his cot to learn to fall asleep on his own - i have been trying this since 5 weeks ago to no avail.

Any suggestions??

Note:he is breastfed (have tried a formula bottle at bed and makes no difference)

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 21:32:29

Bump?

youlemming Thu 29-Oct-15 22:26:09

Could he be teething, DD1 was a great sleeper at night until she got her first tooth at 5 mo.
DD2 is 3 mo has just started fussing at night after also being good and I'm sure she has a couple of teeth sat right under the surface.

HV usually say babies should be sleeping through by 6 mo but in reality I think there are more that don't than those that do.

Have you tried putting the pram (if detachable) in the cot then after a week or so try the cot again, we did this with the moses basket so it wasn't a big change to move out of our room and into the cot in one hit.

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 22:51:41

He has had all the signs of teething for weeks so i cant really tell if he is or not confused but maybe. Well hes huge for 4 month, he doesnt fit in moses basket or pram but of buggy so its just a normal buggy hes in. He likes cot - will happily lie there for an hour or so giggling away. Even removed oneside like the chicco thing so i could breastfeed him to sleep in it - which he will do but wont sleep for more than an hour in it!

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 22:54:11

Hes still in our room too, hes just so big that weve had to try put him in cot!

spillyobeans Thu 29-Oct-15 22:55:07

And i would co sleep but dh is so against it that he wont let me (hes a paramedic and has had a few cot deaths so thats why)

53rdAndBird Fri 30-Oct-15 22:05:25

Sounds like the 4 month sleep regression. It is pretty miserable. There's a support thread for it somewhere in Sleep - suggest checking that out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: