Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When did you switch from Grobags/sleeping bags to a duvet?

(18 Posts)
soundsystem Wed 28-Oct-15 20:26:02

One year old DD has just about outgrown the 6-18 month Grobags. I know they make bigger ones, but not sure whether now is the right time to give her a duvet.

Would anyone care to share their experience of making the switch?

Only1scoop Wed 28-Oct-15 20:30:49

Not until around 2 they are bloody amazing.

Still used them when she went into toddler bed and they also helped with escaping!!

BathshebaDarkstone Wed 28-Oct-15 20:33:58

When they could stand up, as I was scared they'd fall over and hit their heads.

Havalina1 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:53:29

We stopped at about 18 months which coincided with the start of summer. I wasn't so worried if she kicked off blankets then as it was so warm. She didn't seem to notice the grobag departing.

FreeButtonBee Wed 28-Oct-15 20:55:56

About 2yr 3m. Moved to toddler beds and came into spring/summer.

whiteagle Wed 28-Oct-15 20:56:55

When they were in a bed and could walk! The next stage is a fleecy onesie - invaluable- but try to get one without a hood for little ones - primark good for toddler sizes with feet.

StepfauxWife Wed 28-Oct-15 21:00:43

DD is 2.3 and still in them! She's in the 18-36 month size and in a cot with one side taken off. She knows how to take them off but generally keeps them on until it's time to wake.

I'm a huge fan, I'll keep using them for as long as possible. DD moves around a bit so no risk of her kicking off the sheets and waking herself up with a grobag.

BeaBoo Wed 28-Oct-15 21:01:44

I had the same issue recently. DD obviously wasn't wearing one over summer and she outgrew her 6-18m ones during this time. I tried her with a duvet instead and she kept waking up really early. Realised she was a bit cold as she couldn't stay under the duvet or pull it back over herself, so I've put her back in a Grobag now and she's sleeping much better.

Totallyoutoforder Wed 28-Oct-15 21:05:14

Yes, there is a bigger size 18-36m. My 2 DC managed to walk with them on, slowly, small steps, they never fell. Even when I moved them to normal bed, I kept them in grobag so that they don't get cold at night.

MrsDeathOfRats Wed 28-Oct-15 21:10:25

Dd was about 22 months. Start of summer and on holiday. Gave her a cellular blanket which she proceeded to kick off anyway. Then when the weather started turning at end of summer I just have her a thicker blanket and she was fine.
Then gave her a toddler bed at around 2.5 and a proper duvet. She absolutely loves it.

DS has been a poor sleeper so he stopped using bags around 6/7 months and just has a blanket. Little bit concerned for him with the winter coming but like a previous poster said, fleece onesies. Solves all the troubles!!

PisforPeter Wed 28-Oct-15 21:12:32

3.5 yr old still in her Gro-Bag grin

WorzelsCornyBrows Wed 28-Oct-15 21:15:28

2yrs 3mths, coincided with her going into toddler bed. During winter you'll find they'll wake more with the cold if they have blankets/duvet as they wriggle out of them.

JoeMommuh Wed 28-Oct-15 21:19:13

2yr+

Buy the bigger ones seriously.

PisforPeter Wed 28-Oct-15 21:25:18

The next thing for us will be a Gro to bed set. They are great apparently.

DartmoorDoughnut Wed 28-Oct-15 21:29:43

In the same predicament so thanks for asking sound based on all the responses and our single glazing I'll be sticking with the grobag for our DS then!

Daffydil Wed 28-Oct-15 21:33:03

When he moved to a bed. But I was still feeding him to sleep until he was 3, so a grobag was so much easier - feed him on my lap then pop him the cot, no hassle with duvets or blankets.

He moved to a bed when he was about 2.5, and it definitely wasn't as convenient!

soundsystem Wed 28-Oct-15 21:41:51

That seems pretty unanimous! Thanks all smile

I'll invest in a couple of the bigger ones as our house does get cold, and she is quite wriggly!

luciole15 Wed 28-Oct-15 21:54:46

JojoMamanBebe had some with zip-off sleeves which are nice for cold weather.

DS is 3 and sometimes likes a sleeping bag, sometimes a fleece blanket instead.

Fleece PJ's sound like a good idea. Thx for that idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now