Talk

Advanced search

Yawner

(6 Posts)
MissTwister Tue 27-Oct-15 13:28:41

I'm trying to crack day time napping and finding it hard!

My baby is always yawning - even 15 minutes after wake up so how do I know when to put her down? Is she always tired?

She sleeps really well at night 8-7 with one wake up. This morning she then napped 2 hours at 8:45 and then an hour at 12 so she's had loads of sleep but is currently yawning and rubbing her eyes only half hour later!

What should I do?

mintbiscuit Tue 27-Oct-15 16:18:41

How old is dc?

Sounds like she just loves her sleep and may require slightly more than average baby (although hard to say without knowing age)

MissTwister Tue 27-Oct-15 17:33:01

She's nearly 4 months old but was a few weeks early. Today I've tried to put her down to nap more and it seems she can easily fall asleep around an hour after waking!

Is this ever something to worry about? She seems fine when awake..

mintbiscuit Tue 27-Oct-15 18:21:49

Omg, count your blessings I say! She sounds like a wonderful sleeper.

Around that age babies still need tons of sleep. As long as she is alert in between naps I would just go with the flow. An hour awake time sounds about right too.

MissTwister Tue 27-Oct-15 21:04:13

She is getting whingier and whingier though and I was wondering if she's always tired. Over the last week she's not been happy and is all serious, not chatting as much and whimpering!

mintbiscuit Wed 28-Oct-15 08:53:33

My dcs have all cranked up the whinging around the 4 month mark. I put it down to combination of development changes, more awareness of what is going on around them and possible teething. Google 'the wonder weeks'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now