Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clock change - how's everyone tackling it?

(45 Posts)
MilkyChops Sat 24-Oct-15 09:10:02

How's everyone tackling the clocks going back tonight with LOs?

I'm going to approach it as I would with potential jetlag and timezone change, keep LO on napping cycle and have a later bedtime today.

peggyundercrackers Sat 24-Oct-15 09:25:04

erm... Put them to bed at normal time today and put them to bed at their normal time tomorrow. Sorry thers nothing to tackle and nothing hard about it.

Sorry If this sounds a little harsh but wtf are you on about time zone changes and jet lag and late bedtimes - the clock Is only moving an hour. your way overthinking a clock change.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sat 24-Oct-15 09:27:08

Eh? In 13 years of parenting I don't think the clock changes have made any difference to the kids?confused

SoloPolo Sat 24-Oct-15 09:29:32

I worried about went my non sleeping DS was little but actually it makes no difference at all.

LuluJakey1 Sat 24-Oct-15 09:32:13

Just doing what we do every night. Not sure what you mean?

Nonnainglese Sat 24-Oct-15 09:35:39

confused
Is there a way to tackle it (and why does it need tacking anyway?) that's escaped me for the past 60+ years?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 24-Oct-15 09:38:32

Sounds like you have a good plan OP.

The clock change always makes ME tired for some reason.

No harm helping kids to adjust a bit to avoid their bedtimes going awry.

Loads of people do this..you just met some competitively relaxed folk first here.

MilkyChops Sat 24-Oct-15 09:39:13

OK. OK. No need to be rude.

And yes it is in fact a real concern when your baby has woken up at 4am for the day for a week and the thought of 3 am tonight makes me want to jump off a cliff.

Never mind. Nothing to see here. Bye.

StarfrightMcFangsie Sat 24-Oct-15 09:39:23

As it's half-term, I'm gonna move the clocks on 10minutes each day for 6 days!

whatsagoodusername Sat 24-Oct-15 09:53:16

The clocks are changing tonight???

Thanks for the warning grin We have no time-sensitive plans, so I guess we will just be adjusting slowly.

Mouthfulofquiz Sat 24-Oct-15 09:56:28

I've sneakily coped with it by moving my lie-in day to tomorrow, so it will be DH's problem!!! grin

StrawberryLeaf Sat 24-Oct-15 09:59:55

Any coping strategies gratefully received here too!

I have a 4 month old who will be fine but my 4 year old has been up for the day for a few weeks at 5.30, the thought of 4.30 starts including night feeds with the any makes me feel sick!

I think we will try and get her down a little later tonight but it's a careful balance because too late and she's overtired and won't go to bed!

I'm tired thinking about tomorrow!

FreeButtonBee Sat 24-Oct-15 10:01:22

I hear you OP. A bigger issue with little ones than bigger children I think. My twins are 2 and don't nap. DTS is pretty fond of a 6am wake up but his sister will be vile if she is woken too early. We generall do 20 mins each night, in advance in Autumn and after that change in spring. But at least I can stick them in front of the telly for an extra 20 mins to drag it out til bedtime

PrimalLass Sat 24-Oct-15 10:04:26

Wow, people are rude. If you have a very routiney baby then things like this can throw them for days.

I used to adjust them time over the week before. Or by giving an earlier/longer nap.

Fairylea Sat 24-Oct-15 10:06:42

I understand you op.

When you have little children that regularly wake up in the early hours of the morning an extra hour feels like death !

I have a ds with autism who wakes at 5am everyday .... He's going to bed as late as I can manage it tonight!!

Purpleboa Sat 24-Oct-15 10:09:03

There is no need to be rude! It's a perfectly good question. When you have a LO who thinks that 4am is a reasonable wake up time, then of course you're going to cm dread it! I'm already weeping at the thought of a 3am start. I have a heavy cold too so I feel like death.

Please come back Milky. And those of you have been flippant or rude, go and find another thread to terrorise. The sleep thread is for sleep derived parents who are really struggling and can do without such criticism.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 24-Oct-15 10:18:08

Hear hear

MilkyChops Sat 24-Oct-15 10:20:28

I just can't understand how people think it's acceptable to say to someone "wtf are you on about", you wouldn't say that to someone on your first encounter in the 'real world' so why does being hidden behind a computer screen make it acceptable.

Anyway, there we go. Hope everyone gets some sleep, if not, see you here at 3 am.

milkingmachine1 Sat 24-Oct-15 10:23:34

Geez people are rude, this is the 'sleep' section after all!

I'm just going to wing it, I have 2 little ones but we're going out for the day so they'll probably be going to bed late anyway and for some bizarre reason my oldest has been getting up later and later, so this morning it was 8.30. If she wakes at 7.30 tomorrow it's no biggy.

Good luck for tomorrow though, I do feel your pain smile

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 24-Oct-15 10:25:31

I think people escaped from AIBU

polkadotdelight Sat 24-Oct-15 10:29:41

Winging it here too. DS is a 5am boy but putting him to bed later doesn't make a shits bit off difference to his wake up time and I just end up with a grumpy baby. To those who were flippant, count yourselves bloody lucky that you can be so carefree about it as I too am full of cold and dreading 4am tomorrow.

NickNacks Sat 24-Oct-15 10:33:20

A bigger issue with little ones than bigger children I think

But you do realise everyone with bigger once had little children, by default this has to be true. And this isn't the first time the clocks have changed....

tldr Sat 24-Oct-15 10:41:45

I thought I'd start with the kitchen clock when I get up. Then the living room one later. All the phones/computers/tv/cars will take care of themselves.

<misses point>

Jinglebells99 Sat 24-Oct-15 10:43:39

www.facebook.com/ElectricianRich/videos/807569442612577/

This is funny

tldr Sat 24-Oct-15 10:45:54

Sorry, didn't realise it was in Sleep.

In that case, the thing to keep in mind is it's the same actual time it always was. So even if your clock is telling you it's 3, as far as your body is concerned, it's 4. Keep telling yourself this as you and DC transition to catch up over next few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now