Talk

Advanced search

13 week old night feedings

(4 Posts)
Londoner1983 Fri 23-Oct-15 16:14:06

Hello,

My baby is 13 weeks old weighing about 13.5lb. He has super bedtime routine and in bed for 7. We then feed at 10.30(dream feed). He was then waking at 2.30 for a feed then again at 5.30. However now he's waking at 1(we put dummy in which makes him go till 2) but then wakes between 4-5 and being a pain thereafter! His night feeds are now putting him off his day feeds. He is formula fed.

I asked advice from HV who said to just feed him and wasn't concerned about the face is affecting his day feeds
Any suggestions please? Do I keep feeding him twice? Do I offer water? Do I water formula down? Do I just give small amount over night and hope he settles?!All suggestions made mums at a baby group I go to. I know he's little but he is getting his allowance during the day for feeds.

Thank you!!

villainousbroodmare Fri 23-Oct-15 16:23:22

I think you just feed him twice or as he wants.
My little fella is the same age, bf, and varies from night to night but not too different from yours in terms of seeming to want a 3-4 hour interval.
What do you mean by being a pain after 4-5? He doesn't go back to sleep? Howls?
How is it affecting the day feeds? Is he not hungry in the day?

Londoner1983 Fri 23-Oct-15 16:25:23

Thanks for replying! He just never really goes back to sleep properly. Went back for an hour then woke at 5-6.30 then slept again for 40 mins. Yes-he's not wanting much in the morning or lunchtime feed. Just don't want it to become where he has a lot during night and less through day if that makes sense!

villainousbroodmare Fri 23-Oct-15 17:40:43

I notice that my lad is sleeping less and less in the day. He gets tired, I get him to sleep, and then after 15-30 min he's awake again. He's feeding fine during the day (though as he's bf, I don't know exactly how much he takes, possibly just as well!)
So I'm wondering if the waking in the day is just the age they are, increased alertness, end of "fourth trimester" etc and not entirely to do with feeding.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: