Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 year old waking earlier & earlier

(3 Posts)
TheLondonerSW4 Wed 21-Oct-15 06:26:50

DS 23 Months has started waking earlier & earlier each day.

Was always a great sleeper, 7-7 (I've been spoilt!)

He still has 2hrs in the day also.

But these earlier & earlier mornings are killing me & the thought of the clock change this weekend has filled me with DREAD ...

Any tips? Should I reduce daytime nap?

Or is this it? I've been lucky for too long!?!

HippyPottyMouth Wed 21-Oct-15 07:05:01

How long has it been going on? If it's only a couple of weeks, ride it out, it's a phase. We have a great sleeper, 6.30-7 most nights since she was about 6 months old, but every now and then, including just before she turned 2, she has a funny phase and wakes at times that I still consider to be night time.

Is he totally, completely up for the day? This is probably the first thing you tried, but we sometimes have success with a quick cuddle, and telling her it's still nighttime and everybody's sleeping and putting her back to bed.

If it carries on, maybe try adjusting nap or bedtime. Hope it goes away.

mintbiscuit Wed 21-Oct-15 10:35:15

I know it sounds silly but any chance it could be drop in temp as we approach winter? I know the cold wakes mine early.

At 2 years night sleep average is 11 to 12 hrs. Day sleep 1 to 2 hrs. What time is nap over by? Is it too close to bedtime or over 2 hrs? For 7pm bedtime I would finish nap by 2/2.30pm at the latest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now