Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What quilt TOG for 6 and 8 year olds?

(5 Posts)
PJ67 Sat 17-Oct-15 23:50:27

My two sons age 6 and 8 have bunk beds and have had 4.5 tog quilts on over the summer. My house is quite cold and I thought I would put warmer ones on so changed them today for 9 togs. My 6 year old has just woke up and looked quite sweaty. Do children need as warm duvets as adults and what is okay for winter?
Thanks

Passthecake30 Sat 17-Oct-15 23:57:38

My 5&7 year olds have 4.5tog in the summer, 10tog in the winter. Is the heating on in their rooms? I make sure theirs is turned right down as the heating doesn't go off until 11pm...

FATEdestiny Sun 18-Oct-15 11:09:12

My children (11, 9 and 6) have 4.5 tog duvets all year around and adjust the type of PJs according to temperature. Fluffy onesies, cotton onesies, long PJs, short PJs, just pants.

Mine also have a bedside fan on year-round. Even in the depths of winter they like the air movement and white noise.

daisydalrymple Sun 18-Oct-15 11:15:55

Have you got any cotbed / toddler bed blankets still? Or a cosy throw? Maybe go back to the 4.5 for now and add a blanket on top, which they can throw off if they get too warm? Then you can go back to the heavier tog in a month or so when temp has dropped again. (Or when they tell you they're cool?)

ffffffedup Sun 18-Oct-15 14:30:34

My house is also quite cold mine have 10.5 tog quilts but will very often just sleep in a pair of shorts no top or just a t shirt and boxers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now