Talk

Advanced search

Bean bags

(3 Posts)
Tissy Thu 02-May-02 13:34:12

I saw an ad in M+B magazine for a type of bean-bag mattress for babies, "Slumberwell baby", and they claim that it helps babies sleep as they are more comfortable. Has anyone bought one?/ Know anyone who has? My 3 month old can sleep for 8/9 hours on occasion, but usually doesn't! Last night I was woken twice, and I'm considering getting one as I'm back to work full time in 2 weeks, and need not to be exhausted. Also my job involves occasionally being called out at night, and I'm anxious to avoid my husband having to pace the floor with a wide-awake baby when I'm not there to breastfeed her back to sleep again!

Janus Fri 03-May-02 11:32:01

I would definitely check on the age restrictions here. I would feel that until a child is mobile by themselves, ie comfortably turn around, etc, then this 'beanbag' should be avoided. I say this because I can remember as an adult taking quite a lot of effort to get out of a beanbag!! Am just wondering how a baby would get their head clear, ie not facing down, should they need to??

threeangels Fri 10-May-02 20:43:24

I would be careful of it being to soft. This could possibly suffocate a chid to small. I personally would keep a 3 mo old on a more firm surface until like Janus said they are mobile. I guess your baby probally sleeps on its back. The other problem I have heard is that a sleeping surface too soft is not good for a babies growing spine. I really dont know I just heard this from other sources.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: