Night time nappy advive

(10 Posts)
hst986 Fri 21-Aug-15 22:14:00

Hi everyone, I have a 4 1/2 mo who currently goes down for the night at around 8pm having had a new nappy on roughly an hour before after his bath. Currently when we go up to bed at night my husband and I will change his nappy and feed again.... Trouble is I feel bad waking our poor boy and have thought about leaving him to go straight through (I know he would) but I don't know if I trust the nappy to go that long?! He can wake anywhere between 6.00 and 8.00am (I know, we're extremely lucky!) plus I'm a little nervous to drop the dream feed as he's only between the 9th & 25th centile (though you wouldn't know to look at him). Any advice greatly appreciated!

FATEdestiny Fri 21-Aug-15 23:17:45

Pampers Baby Dry (specifically Baby Dry, not other Pampers nappies) are best for all-night dryness without leaks. Especially if you are not doing any night feeds, they will last 12 hours.

Regarding dropping the dreamfeed. It is not about what centile baby is on, it is more about what line the baby is tracking. If baby has always been between 9th and 25th centile then by 4 months if he doesn't want the dreamfeed then its not a problem to not give it. But baby was on a higher centile and is dropping centiles, then maybe talk to your HV first.

trilbydoll Fri 21-Aug-15 23:21:28

I've only ever changed nappies at night if the baby is soaked which is usually because it's been put on badly. DD used to feed 2 hourly overnight and the nappy would last 12 hours no problem. We use Sainsburys and Morrisons nappies.

ffffffedup Sun 23-Aug-15 13:58:20

I wouldn't wake him to change a nappy they should last the night. I've used pampers baby dry and the new chicco nappies never had a problem.

I'll be honest I didn't even change through the night if they woke for a feed unless it was dirty rather than just wet I think changing a nappy can make them more awake and harder to settle back off to sleep

DorotheaHomeAlone Wed 26-Aug-15 10:53:11

I use cheap nappies in the day and pampers baby dry at night as they're on for around 12h. No problem at all.

StormTr00per Fri 28-Aug-15 22:19:37

I use the tesco nappies and as long as it's on securely and high up at the back it usually doesn't leak for a good 12 hours. Wouldn't do a night nappy change unless I absolutely had to.

Lilliana Fri 28-Aug-15 22:23:09

Another who used pampers baby dry all night with no problems. I never changed at night unless soaked or dirty. Also I would try dropping the dream feed and see what happens. If he sleeps through the night great, if not go back to it.

NotAFuckingChance Sun 30-Aug-15 14:09:32

I use Aldi or Tesco nappies and would only ever change at night for a poo (only happened once) or leak when DP doesn't pull the leg ruffles out. DS doesn't sleep through yet but I don't change when he wakes for a feed.

ReRegRhonda Thu 03-Sep-15 20:25:14

As everyone else is saying, pampers baby dry are wonderful smile

circlelake Thu 03-Sep-15 20:36:26

I've never used special twelve hour or night nappies and still only change for a poo or leaky wee. Or I suppose if baby wouldn't settle and I was down to 'try everything' mode. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now