Talk

Advanced search

How do I change almost 1 year olds sleeping/napping routine...or do I have to?

(2 Posts)
Heatherbell1978 Mon 17-Aug-15 10:33:23

DS1 will be 1 this week and we have been in the same routine since he was about 7 months and started sleeping through (ish).

He's down at 7pm with a bottle, dream feed any time between 9.30 and 11pm (he wakes for it) then he sleeps until 5.30am.

He is then down for a morning nap at 9am and sleeps for 2 hours...(if he's at home, at nursery he'll do 30 mins). Then he has a shorted nap in the afternoon, maybe 45 mins/1 hr (about the same at nursery).

I really want to a) drop the dream feed but he wakes for it and drinks a lot so not sure if he's ready b) have him sleep later than 5.30am!! and c) switch the naps around so he does less time in the morning as I'm assuming he'll drop that at some point.

When I have my day off work with him (today) I do love his 2 hr morning naps as I get so much done....but I'd rather he slept until 7am...

What's normal??

wheresthedummy Mon 17-Aug-15 10:40:40

Mine was one last week and goes to bed at 7pm, sleeps through ti around 6am. Naps for an hour at 0930 and another hour at 1400. Formula fed though and we never did a dream feed. I did dream feed and fed through the night with my 3 year old until he was around 18 months - when I dropped it I followed the Jay Gordon method very loosely and it only took a few nights to stop feeding completely. I would try shortening the morning nap to see if it helped with sleeping in a bit longer, though I agree the morning nap is so handy for getting things done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now