Talk

Advanced search

How to cope at work today on approximately 3 hours sleep?

(7 Posts)
Flingmoo Mon 17-Aug-15 07:03:44

I am so exhausted it feels like I'm hungover or recovering from the flu. DS is 14 months old and sleeps through most of the time but has been terrible recently and was waking up every 20 minutes from about 10.30-3am last night. Had to get up at 6am so I am bloody exhausted. It's all well and good when I was on maternity leave but how the hell am I supposed to cope at work with very important meetings to attend today?! My boss already thinks I'm underperforming since my return to work so I can't afford to show any weakness. Urgh. sadsad

StealthPolarBear Mon 17-Aug-15 07:07:42

Lots

Missanneshirley Mon 17-Aug-15 07:07:55

no answers but feel your pain. on really bad days I did it all wrong with coffee and lots of sweets! but that's probably not recommended. fresh air if you can pop out for 5 ?

Finola1step Mon 17-Aug-15 07:08:32

Berocca
Coffee
Porridge

StealthPolarBear Mon 17-Aug-15 07:08:32

Sorry
Lots of coffee and a really early night tonight. Just the thought of the early night will help you keep going.

StealthPolarBear Mon 17-Aug-15 07:09:28

Menthol chewing gum can help you stop nodding off and if you're feeling like you might the act of getting some out gives you something to focus on

BikeRunSki Mon 17-Aug-15 07:09:48

Red bull and flapjack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now