Talk

Advanced search

Toddler naps and bedtimes!

(10 Posts)
Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 12:47:12

Does your toddler nap? And what time are they asleep by in the evenings?

Dd (22 months) started sleeping through from 7pm at about a year.

In the last few months she haven't been going till sleep till 9-10ish.

I figured out recently that if she only naps for 30-45 mins then she's happy and will then be asleep by 6.30/7pm. Perfect.

Anyway, in the last week she has been fighting her nap, unless we time a car journey right. Which of course isn't always convenient. But if she doesn't have any nap she is crying for bed at 5pm which is just too early.

I'm pulling my hair out!!!

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:20:20

Today I have had to resort to driving round the block, we are now sat in the car outside the house while she naps.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 16-Aug-15 13:40:41

My 21 month old naps for an hour and a half then is in bed for 8. She has refused her nap twice this week, however hasn't actually seemed any more tired and has gone to bed at the usual time on the days she's had no nap. She's stubborn though and doesn't show signs of tiredness ever if she can help it!
I know nap refusal can just be a phase so fingers crossed your DD will nap again soon. If she has no nap and you still keep her up until 6.30pm what happens? Does she just cry until bed time or will she fall asleep downstairs?

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:43:57

She would just cry and scream if we did that. Or fall asleep on one of us but then treat that as a nap so would get a 2nd wind and be awake till 10pm.

Nearly finished her nap now in the car, such a pain though as I want d to get the paddling pool set up whilst she napped which now I haven't been able to do hmm

Buttercup27 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:45:11

My ds 20 months has slept through most nights since about 12 weeks and has always had at least 2 hours during the day, until a few weeks ago.
He now only naps every other day for between 1 or 2 hours (except Thursday and Friday when he will nap for an hour at nursery). He gets tired about half 6 ready for 7pm bedtime.

tatumsfunkychicken Sun 16-Aug-15 13:47:45

DS 19 months -

Nap 12.30 - 2pm approx

Bed - 7.30/7.45 approx

50% sleeps through, 50% wakes once in the night sad

Up at 6am every......single......day

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 16-Aug-15 13:49:36

Yeah driving around for every nap is not ideal! hopefully some wiser posters will come along soon with some tips.

FlossieTreadlight Sun 16-Aug-15 13:56:16

There is a sleep regression just before they hit 2... Most of the 2yos I know fought their naps and appeared to want to drop them, only to need it properly again about a fortnight later. Doesn't solve your immediate problem but it might give you hope that it is only a phase thanks

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:59:48

Ah so hopefully in a couple of weeks she will happily have her 45 mins nap in bed, I hope so!!

Lj8893 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:21:16

Aghhh even with only a 30 minute nap earlier, she is still awake now!!!! confusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfusedconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now