Talk

Advanced search

Do You still place baby at bottom of bed when rolling about in sleep

(5 Posts)
pandadragon Sat 15-Aug-15 07:48:21

our 5 month old has started rolling about in his sleep is it still best to keep placing him at the bottom when we put him to bed?

L0gLady Sat 15-Aug-15 07:54:37

Yep, still have to put 7mo at the bottom of the cot because he shoves himself upwards in his sleep and usually ends up crumpled up sideways at the top! So I'm not sure what the point of doing it is really grin

CurlsLDN Sat 15-Aug-15 08:01:32

My one year old has been rolling all over the place for months, and is usually to be found widthways across the cot, bum to the sun. He hasn't stayed foot to foot since about 5 months either!
Can your baby roll from back to front and back again? If so, the guidelines say not to worry about maintaining lying on their back - if they got onto their tummy themselves, and can get back, leave them to it.
The foot to foot thing is to stop wriggling under covers. If you use a gro bag there's no need to worry about that as it's impossible (and you don't get woken by a cold baby who's wriggled upward either) I love gro bags!

eurochick Sat 15-Aug-15 08:04:08

I think it's less important if you are using a grobag rather than blankets.

pandadragon Sat 15-Aug-15 08:27:20

Yeah we use the sleep bag
He is just started to roll back him self after rolling on his front
Sounds right thank you to keep at bottom then got the space to move up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now