Talk

Advanced search

17 month old - need ideas for nap shifting one day a week

(3 Posts)
GeorgeTheGiraffe Thu 13-Aug-15 13:36:21

Hi, I'm hoping to take my 17 month old to a sign and rhyme class one day a week starting in September, but it coincides with her nap time. She usually sleeps 1pm-230pm most days and the class will be 2-230pm.

Of course I could just not do the class but having never done any classes with her (we do a toddler group one morning a week and rhymetime at the library every other week, just never done anything like baby sensory or water babies etc) I think she'd really enjoy this one.

I'm looking for some ideas on how to get her through the day and the class without making her miss her sleep which I know is important. I don't want to make her cranky and not enjoy the class.

If it were you, what would you do?

Rarely does she sleep before lunch! If your answer is let her sleep after the class, how long would you allow in order that she would be rested enough to enjoy dinner etc but not too rested that she'll be awake until the small hours?!
Thanks!

CarrotPuff Thu 13-Aug-15 20:19:25

Try putting her for nap earlier? Say, 12pm?

grabaspoon Thu 13-Aug-15 20:22:06

I am a nanny to a 19 month old she generally sleeps 12.30-2.30 / 1-3ish however if I have plans I just move her nap so in this instance I would put her down at 12-130 having had lunch at 1145ish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now