Talk

Advanced search

12 month old waking after first sleep cycle

(5 Posts)
BabyHaribo Wed 12-Aug-15 20:58:54

DD always wakes after the first 45 mins at night which I assume is first sleep cycle.

Any tips on how to stop this?

I still rock her to sleep however she doesn't do it at naps and can (although rarely does 😴) sleep thru.

How can I get her to stop this

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Wed 12-Aug-15 21:19:33

I had this exact same thing with DS when he was smaller. I had good results using a technique called "wake to sleep". It involves gently rousing (but not waking) about 5-10 mins before the expected waking time, the theory being that this would "reset" the sleep cycle.
I used to gently stroke DS' hand until he moved a little bit and then would let him settle into a deeper sleep again. Took a little bit of practice to learn just how much to rouse him but it worked great for us.
I found it on google

Iggly Wed 12-Aug-15 21:23:18

Try an earlier bedtime as sometimes a sign of being over tired. Or make sure they're winded - this used to wake up my dd up even up to 18 months.
Another thing is to make sure they're not too hot or cold.

BabyHaribo Thu 13-Aug-15 10:02:56

Thanks.

I'm sure she's not hot/cold, could be wind as she's suffered a lot with reflux and wind but I'm not convinced!

They do like to keep us on our toes don't they!

Iggly Thu 13-Aug-15 19:59:45

I wouldn't rule it out. Mine both had reflux and theyd get very bad wind. I never quite believed it but if I didn't do anything it was worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now