Talk

Advanced search

7 month old night weaning

(3 Posts)
Mugsybalone Wed 12-Aug-15 12:42:52

So I have a 7 month old dd, and I'm hoping you wise mumsnetters can help with her sleep.

Basically there is no consistency to her overnight sleep. Sometimes she sleeps through, sometimes she wakes between 1 and three times a night. When she wakes I always feed her (she is EBF) though we have had some recent success of resettling her without feeding though only worth pre 11 o'clock wakings. She goes back to sleep easily after between 15-30 mins feeding. I'd say half the time I think she's hungry when she wakes.

She feeds at roughly 7, 11, 3 and 7 during the day and she is quite happy going this long between feeds (it is very rare that she demands more than this). We spaced out the feeds like this as she wasn't interested in feeding more frequently. We've recently started BLW.

I put her down awake at bedtime and after night feeds (and for daytime naps) and she self settles. During the day, she takes a 1.5 hr morning nap, and then one or two other 45 min naps. We've had a bedtime routine of bath, cuddles and feed since she was born.

So my question is, as we know she can sleep through, should I be doing more to actively encourage this? I'm not particularly sleep deprived but surely we'd all feel better for a good night's sleep?

On the other hand I'm worried that if I deny night feeds and for example she goes through a growth spurt then she'll need to feed more with the knock on effect of upping my supply?

Please can you let me know if you have any thoughts/advice?

Thanks

doddelan Thu 13-Aug-15 21:34:51

Bump! I need an answer to this too, though we have worse habits (feeding to sleep....). I love bf'ing, but would love to support better nighttime sleep all round. Anything other than a feed leads to ear piercing wails in the middle of the night so I'm doing anything for some kip at the moment!

Mugsybalone Sat 15-Aug-15 20:14:39

Doddelan - doesn't look like anyone has any advice for us! For what it's worth, I was feeding my little one to sleep until a couple of weeks ago when I decided to make sure she was slightly awake when I put her down. She went down no probs, perhaps yours will do the same! Worth a try?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now