Talk

Advanced search

24 month old - not sleeping!!

(5 Posts)
Jmumwjrd1 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:30:06

My first mums net post!! Has anyone else experienced or able to offer advice, my previously angelic sleeper (7-7) now refuses to go to sleep- cries for over an hour then we give in and go and settle him, I know we shouldn't but there really seems to be no end to him crying!!! Then to top that he is waking at about 4.30 and screaming till we go in, we've tried ignoring the am so he goes off again but he does not shut up- we've tried ignoring till 6-6.30 then we give up!! Day time nap has been removed with no change!! Gro clock on tonight for the first time but it's not helped going down. Any advice would be appreciated �� I need some sleep ��

purplemurple1 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:35:11

What's your old and new routine? How long has this been going on?

Mines 2yrs and recently started dropping his nap but that's not the norm. Yours may not be getting enough sleep in the day.
Is he hungry or thirsty when he wakes?
Have you checked his temp, could he have a cold coming or be teething and waking in pain?

Jmumwjrd1 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:44:29

Same routine at bed time and day naps have always varied from 30 mins to 2 hours I've always let him decide but thought I'd give no day naps a go but that has made no difference. He has no temperature and is not hungry or thirsty just asking to get down and play and mummy come back!! I had thought maybe it's the last four back teeth coming through?? He has his two year check on Wednesday so will bring it up then. All the sleep posts from people seem to just be either not settling OR waking up early not both!! Or maybe this is his pay back for me always saying "he's a great sleeper"

purplemurple1 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:50:55

Sounds similar to mine and we had to mostly droppings the naps (he has 20min about once a fortnight). It took about three weeks of this to see the benefit at night and has meant he now sleeps longer at night instead.

Jmumwjrd1 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:02:20

At least I know I'm not he only one!! Thank you will keep trying and fingers crossed I get some sleep soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now