Talk

Advanced search

6 months & no sleep!!

(3 Posts)
notjusttheirmum Fri 07-Aug-15 16:02:07

My DD is 6 months & still has 3 bottles throughout the night.
She has breakfast, dinner & tea with a bottle between each & snacks. She sleeps 6-6.30 (which I know is good!) & barely naps in the day, but I can not get her to drop her night feeds at all!! I have tried decreasing the amount & she wakes more often. Not giving her one she screams the house down so it isn't an option. Any advice on how I can get a few full nights sleep under my belt?

FATEdestiny Fri 07-Aug-15 18:55:53

Lack of daytime sleep can cause unsettled nights, so more night time wakes.

You are likely to have better nights if baby has more daytime sleep and worse nights if baby has less daytime sleep.

At 6 months old I would be expecting 3-4 hours of daytime sleep and 10-11 hours of night time sleep (not necessarily in a single block of sleep).

Weaning rarely solves night wakings as well as many Mums hope it will. It would suggest that the reason for the wakes during the night is not necessarily hunger. She may just be waking and have no other way to get back to sleep without milk.

It is not unreasonable that baby isn't sleeping through at 6 months. Perhaps lower your expectations. If you could aim towards 11pm-5/6am, that would be a more reasonable goal at first.

purplemurple1 Fri 07-Aug-15 19:07:42

Id agree she needs to be sleeping in the day mine has about 2 hrs in the morning and an hour in the afternoon and then sleeps about 10hrs at night. Mine also has four 250 ml bottles a day and three (attempts at) meals. Can you add a morning and supper bottle esp if you are doing blw so not much solids are getting in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now