Talk

Advanced search

Reassurance - is this normal?

(3 Posts)
vradz83 Thu 06-Aug-15 20:12:44

DS has just turned 6 months & moved into own room. We've moved from using angelcare sensor to a video monitor so I can see whether he really needs us, or if just randomly spotting in sleep etc.

It seems that every hour (sometimes more like 30 mins) he is shuffling, tossing & turning, rubbing comforter over face, occasionally opening eyes & having a bit of a yawn before going back to sleep for a bit - none of this came through the audio monitor bit of the angelcare! Is this usual behaviour? Or could he be reacting to new surroundings/ slightly more light in room?

I'm a FTM, as if it wasn't obvious already smile

lendi Thu 06-Aug-15 21:12:42

Yep totally normal. My 4.5 month old twins do it every 40mins. (Have been using video monitor for a month or so in evening).
Baby sleep cycles are about 45 mins so they rouse every 45 mins then settle themselves again (hopefully)!

vradz83 Thu 06-Aug-15 23:07:32

Thank you Lendi! Think the video monitor just makes him look so much more unsettled than he is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now