Talk

Advanced search

12 weeks old won't settle....HELP

(4 Posts)
Linziwall Wed 05-Aug-15 11:59:17

I have a 12 weeks old little boy and he will not settle by himself at all. He won't take a dummy but goes for his fists terribly like he's hungry but when offered milk he refuses, he wont settle by cuddles or rocking either. The only way we can get him to sleep is by bouncing him for hours on end in a bouncer. He seems to want to settle himself by sucking i.e. A dummy but refuses point blank to accept one. Any ideas would be so great fully received.

Nomorethongs Wed 05-Aug-15 21:27:25

Have you tried dentinox in case it's gum discomfort?

Nomorethongs Wed 05-Aug-15 21:29:00

May be worth asking health visitor to have a look. We struggled like that with our first and at 10 months he was diagnosed with silent reflux, our on meds and was a different baby straight away, now we know he was in discomfort a lot

Linziwall Wed 05-Aug-15 21:46:46

He was diagnosed with reflux at 10 days old so is on medication for that and he also has an allergy to the protein in cows milk. He seems like he's seeking some kind of comfort as he goes for his thumb occasionally but doesn't seem satisfied with it. I'm at a loss with him and health visitors don't really seem interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now