Talk

Advanced search

if you've ever used a sleep consultant.....

(6 Posts)
Piazzapiola Mon 03-Aug-15 20:10:52

how bad had it got? and what was the final straw..?

Jellylorum Fri 07-Aug-15 08:59:12

For me it was the cumulative effect of nine months of no sleep - couldn't see the wood from the trees in terms of how to move forwards and I just knew there had to be a better way! My baby was probably not the worst sleeper out there but certainly bad enough to justify spending the money in my eyes. I kept thinking it might get better and then things would get worse again and in the end after spending a similar amount of money on something quite trivial I decided it would actually be better sleep that would make the most positive difference to our lives at that time. Just having a plan and having DH on board made a lot of difference and it made me feel much more positive.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 08-Aug-15 21:34:28

I was in tears every night and most days too. I was an emotional mess and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I was absolutely exhausted and I had stopped enjoying my son. I obviously still loved him but I dreaded every day and every night because each one was the same. Life was pretty hellish.

I paid £90 for the advice of a Sleep Consultant and she was amazing. She gave me my life back.

Chloris33 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:50:13

I contacted one at 6 months in the midst of terrible sleep. I didn't go through with it though as I realised all she offered was a controlled crying programme which she encourages you through. Suspect it's the same with most sleep consultants.

Writerwannabe83 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:10:46

That's pretty shocking Chloris and doesn't sound very helpful or supportive.

Mine was really good and offered 6 different methods of sleep training and together we agreed on which one was best for me and DS.

I hope things improved for you at some point flowers

Jellylorum Tue 11-Aug-15 20:13:06

Mine didn't do controlled crying - was much more nuanced - and I found it very useful to have a tailored plan to unpick our various issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now