Talk

Advanced search

6 month old not sleeping past 3-4am!!!

(4 Posts)
Jennifer2001 Fri 31-Jul-15 09:42:23

Would love some advice, becoming sleep deprived desperate!
My 6month old DD, goes to bed around 6 (can't keep her up later, we have tried) she sleeps till 10/11, has a 5oz bottle, then proceeds to wake between 1/2 has another 5oz bottle and wakes at 4am ready for the day, we have tried treating it as a night still, leaving her and bouncing her back to sleep; nothing works! Can't leave her to cry as her brother needs to sleep. She naps 3-4 times a day for between 30mins-1hr. I'm so tired and have to go back to work next week, any suggestions most welcome.
Thanks x

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 01-Aug-15 22:36:01

What times are her naps in the day? Have you tried moving her bedtime by 10 minutes each night until you get a time that suits you? You could do it by 5 mins if you wanted smile

HeiressesGiltnor Sat 01-Aug-15 22:47:25

Ok I'd hazard a guess that she naps too much in the day?

3hrs in total is what my boy did at 6 months. He did 2/3 naps. 4 would have been too many. When does she last nap?

Mind you if she's waking at 4am I'm not surprised she needs 4!

2/3/4 has worked wel for us from 6 months onwards.

helloelo Sat 01-Aug-15 23:07:45

My 6mo has exactly the same sleep pattern but goes to bed at 8.30pm and wakes up at 7am. He also has a mini 4th nap at 5.30pm but only if he hasn't consolidated his am or pm nap.
I second the idea of moving bedtime 10min at a time.
Good luck !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: