Talk

Advanced search

How to deal with screaming?

(5 Posts)
LittleMissPear Thu 30-Jul-15 08:42:45

I started sleep training my 11 month old about 3 weeks ago. It has been very successful, down to one feed overnight, staying in his cot all night and more sleep for all of us. It would sometimes take 30mins to 1hour to get him back to sleep, shush/ patting but he was always happy in the cot with music and Ewan on.
In the last week he's learnt to stand up in the cot and now he just screams and screams hmm. It took DH an hour last night to get him back to sleep with almost constant screaming. I can't stand it- later in the night I brought him into bed with us. Any tips? I was really happy the sleep training was working but this development seems to have completely set us back.

Pandasandmonkeys Thu 30-Jul-15 08:57:29

My da went through this around the same age. We just quietly and consistently kept going back in laying him down and leaving again. No taking or eye contact, just in and out again. The first few night were a bit ridiculous but he soon caught on and stopped doing it after a few nights x

Pandasandmonkeys Thu 30-Jul-15 08:57:39

No talking

LittleMissPear Fri 31-Jul-15 07:39:59

Thanks Panda, we hadn't been doing CC up to this point and so haven't left him to cry. But I think what we are currently doing (trying to get him to go back to sleep only to give in later in the night and have him sleep with us) is probably confusing him? He'll think that he just needs to keep crying? It's so hard to know what to do, especially at 3 in the morning!
Any other advice anyone?

MioNome Fri 31-Jul-15 19:54:55

How did you sleep train to start with? Maybe just do the same but with ear plugs...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now