Talk

Advanced search

5 mths won't sleep longer than 2 hours after 12

(4 Posts)
Mellow2005 Thu 23-Jul-15 11:02:10

Any ideas ? My baby boy is 5 mths he sleeps from 7 till 12 goes to sleep himself in his crib but after 12 wakes up every 2 hours .he sleeps 1 hour during the day and is happy as Larry 24/7 .breastfeeding at 3 am and no issue with feeding or sleeping just won't last more than 2 hours after 12 why??? Thanks in advance.

Mellow2005 Thu 23-Jul-15 11:59:38

Oh no reflux ect

monkey2014 Fri 24-Jul-15 13:25:08

Mine doesn't either, he's 3.5 months. The length of sleep gets shorter and shorter with each wake up. After 4 or 5am I'm lucky if it's 45 mins.

FATEdestiny Sat 25-Jul-15 13:30:56

I would say 1 hour sleep through he daytime is not enough sleep. It is often the case that more daytime sleep results in more night time sleep - such a great effect over-tiredness has on a young baby.

At 5 months old I would be aiming for no more than 2 hours awake in the daytime. So trying for 45 minutes nap (and a full feed) every 2-3 hours during the daytime.

Monkey, at 3.5 months old I would be expecting 30-45 minutes sleep in every 2 hours through the daytime. So aim for no more than 90 minutes awake between daytime naps.

Improving daytime sleep has a massive effect on how settled baby is during the night.

Likewise more frequent daytime feeds - 'loading' calories through the daytime - helps for a more restful night too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now