Talk

Advanced search

Ah help with naps needed! LO fights drowsiness very hard!

(3 Posts)
mummyB123 Wed 22-Jul-15 16:15:51

Hi!

I'd really appreciate any help of advice! My LO is nearly 10 weeks and I'm struggling with naps!
she does sleep well at night which is great but she isn't a baby who doesn't need much sleep! She can be very irritable and cranky in the day without naps.
However I am really struggling to get her down for them. I go by her tired signs rather than the clock but when she shows me the signs and I try to get her to sleep she just won't get drowsy enough to fall asleep on her own. I don't know what to do!

She naps well in the sling once she is finally asleep but I can't always wear her.
If a nap is missed...she quickly gets waaaay overtired and upset!

So any tips on helping her to become drowsy when she shows me tired signs appreciated!

Thanks so much

maymow Wed 22-Jul-15 22:59:08

Sorry I don't have any answers.. Mine had all her naps in the sling for months - yes every single one. And woe betide if I sat down - she'd wake instantly. Suffice to say I lost a lot of weight those first few months. She naps in the cot now - and I'm piling on the pounds!

Have you tried putting her in sling until drowsy then transferring to cot? That now works for us.

mummyB123 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:45:54

Maymow it's good to know we're not alone!! Yes I know what you mean...I don't think I've ever been so fit! Thankful I kept my birth ball...We just sling and bounce a lot!!!
Tried taking her out when she's drowsy but then she becomes WIDE awake again! Will keep persevering! Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now