Talk

Advanced search

14 month old and naps/night time sleep - advice please!

(3 Posts)
GlummyMummy Wed 22-Jul-15 10:54:22

My 14 month old still doesn't sleep through the night.

She has a good nap during the day of usually about 2 hours (sometimes we need to waken her as it gets to nearly 2.5 hours and I panic she won't sleep at night!) but overnight, she is always up at least once or twice. She settles back down quickly but we do have to go in to her, so that's us wide awake!

The only rare nights she does sleep through is when she has had a poor nap during the day. For example, yesterday she only had an hours nap due to having been out, was very grumpy and upset when she woke, and very over-tired and hyper by bedtime, but then slept through for 12 hours!

Any tips on how to get both the nap and the night sleep to be good as we seem to only have one or the other at the moment!!

Do others wake their kids if the day nap extends too long? Or is it best to let them rouse themselves?

Also, would be interested to know if others still use a black out blind for daytime naps with their little ones? We use it for naps and overnight and always have, so I wonder if she is getting her night and day mixed up a bit and that's why she wakes in the night and isn't sure if she's meant to be up or not!

Any tips/advice would be great!

Southern12 Wed 22-Jul-15 11:38:40

Advice
My little boy 20months is refusing to go to bed just screams when I put him down. I made the mistake last week of settling him in our bed he would go off straight away now it's taking hours. He goes for a bath at 7pm bed by 7.45 in a normal routine he has 1 hour nap at nursery. Help

GlummyMummy Thu 23-Jul-15 10:47:01

Southern12 - oh dear, sounds like you are having a bad time of it too! He's not unwell at all is he? My daughter screamed like that when she had an ear infection, we didn't even know she was ill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now