Talk

Advanced search

Almost 3yo dd's sleep has gone to shit

(6 Posts)
Mrsbadger77 Mon 20-Jul-15 05:40:44

She goes to sleep fine at 7:30 pm and usually sleeps through until 5:30. Then she will wake up for some reason or other and point blank refuse to go back to sleep. We have a gro clock which she takes no notice of whatsoever. She also doesn't nap in the day like most toddlers she is extremely active and should be sleeping longer than this. Does anyone have any tips it's not that her room is too bright or anything.

LadyLuck81 Mon 20-Jul-15 09:03:52

My 3 year old was waking in the night. I think it must have been novelty/attention that she'd then get up. I used sheer bribery as the gro clock just gets ignored.

A chart with 20 squares on it (ours has pirates).
Each night she stayed in her own room all night a sticker.
On every 5th day a prize (star on chart to symbolise)
First week she could wake up and call us but had to stay in bed.
After that we expected her to settle herself.
First 3 prizes were small (kinder surprise size)
At 29 stickers she got a Cinderella dress from asda

It worked a treat. If she slips now we just do another week.

LadyLuck81 Mon 20-Jul-15 09:07:36

20 stickers. Not 29. Sorry. And I should have said good luck finding your way to fixing it. A sudden break in sleep sucks!

Mrsbadger77 Mon 20-Jul-15 10:15:59

I was wondering about instigating a reward chart thing. I'll try it but I fear she wont be able to wait for five days for a reward. Thanks for the tip.

worldsworstmum2015 Mon 20-Jul-15 11:42:03

When she wakes up does she want to go downstairs etc if she's happy enough I'd just leave her to potter about her room why you stay in bed

LadyLuck81 Mon 20-Jul-15 12:06:35

We really bigged up the stickers so she was excited for them on their own too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now