Talk

Advanced search

18 weeks on 2 hourly gaps since birth :-(

(3 Posts)
m33r Sun 19-Jul-15 03:37:38

Looking for any suggestions at all as havenMt slept for more than 3 hours at a time in 18 weeks.

LB EBF (though at about 15 weeks we tried formula before bed for a few nights - it did not work and only served to give him wind). We have got a good routine where we start bath etc at 6.15. He is usually asleep by between 7.15 and 8 at the latest. He falls asleep at the breast. He then gets up at 11 (this is our only long sleep spell) 1/2 ish; 4; sometimes 5 then 6.

We started getting up dressed etc at 6 rather than dozing on and off til 8 so he then takes an hour long nap about 8; another hour or forty minutes at 11 and then 1-2hour nap in the afternoon.

Recently he has stopped feeding in the daytime. I assume he thinks day is night re feeding...

He has bad reflux in that he is sick all the time (though not at night confused) but never seems distressed by being sick (has lots of medication).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get a little more sleep. On my knees! sad

FATEdestiny Sun 19-Jul-15 22:10:04

Could you try feeding him more frequently through the daytime. Maybe every 2 hours offer a feed. That might help you nights.

Short, frequent daytime naps are perfectly normal at this age.

m33r Mon 20-Jul-15 05:36:53

Thanks fate. I've been trying that but he seems to have stopped feeding during the day. When I offer the breast he takes for about a second then throws up... Quite worried about this so going to call HV today as feel he should be feeding much more ! Thanks for your suggestion though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now