Talk

Advanced search

20 week old suddenly won't sleep

(4 Posts)
FeedYourselfSmiles Wed 15-Jul-15 21:51:51

My 20 week old DS has never slept through the night but getting him to sleep was easy. He'd be fed to sleep and asleep by 8pm. For the past week though he kicks the cot, waves his arms and then eventually starts crying- this lasts more than 2 hours and I'm knackered sad

He's FF and feeding him doesn't sleep to relax him, nor does picking him up for a cuddle. I stay with him but now I'm not sure if I should put him to bed and leave the room as he seems to want to play.

Any advice? Struggling now! Thank you.

FATEdestiny Fri 17-Jul-15 21:49:59

Have you tried a dummy. Especially with ff babies, they often need something to sooth their natural instinct to suck to sleep.

worldsworstmum2015 Fri 17-Jul-15 22:02:05

Definitely leave the room or be out of eye sight if he's just playing or cooing in his cot. My ds sometimes starts too coo and kick in the early hours I just keep putting the dummy in and ignore him I never lift him out the cot in this instance and he goes back off to sleep fairly quickly the less you engage with him the quicker he'll drop back off to sleep.

FeedYourselfSmiles Wed 22-Jul-15 13:53:28

Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't see the responses here. Fate, the cheeky wee monkey just pops them out of mouth and plays with them now! Worldsmum, it's gotten a lot better in the past few days as we've put him to bed earlier. I think he must have been overtired. I made a note of his naps and realised he'd dropped one. We've been bringing him upstairs at 7pm for the past few nights and he's been asleep within 15 minutes, phew! Thank you for your replies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now