Talk

Advanced search

shift working husband vs baby sleep!

(8 Posts)
katscs Wed 15-Jul-15 05:29:47

My husband's alarm goes off at 4am and unfortunately our 6 month old has picked up on this. He's very alert and then confused about why we aren't getting up and playing.... where as I'm exhausted! It generally ends in tears by 6am... does anyone have an experience of this or ideas to quickly settle or son? Many thanks.

Writerwannabe83 Wed 15-Jul-15 06:41:52

Do you mean your baby is in your bedroom and wakes up with the alarm? Or do you mean he heard your husband up and about in the morning and so wants to get up too?

You say your husband works shifts, how often does he do the 4am starts?

poocatcherchampion Wed 15-Jul-15 06:46:02

Dh has his alarm on vibrate and is under no circumstances allowed to make any noise in the mornings.

We just say itvis still sleepy time and leave them to it. They will get the hang.

katscs Wed 15-Jul-15 07:01:38

DS is in the room next door, he often hears the alarm and once hubby is up he's so desperate to join in the fun! I try BF'ing him back to sleep or walking him around, but he's sooooo awake!

I have wondered about leaving him to settle down again but it's so hard listening to those cries for attention ...

Writerwannabe83 Wed 15-Jul-15 09:41:46

I would be kicking DH into the spare room or making him a comfy bed on the sofa the nights before he has a 4am start even if it's every night!

worldsworstmum2015 Wed 15-Jul-15 10:03:50

Make dh sleep downstairs!

teacher54321 Wed 15-Jul-15 19:31:53

DH sleeps in the spare room (downstairs) when he's on early shifts. It was one of the main reasons we chose our house (townhouse with three floors, our bedroom and ds's on the top floor, spare room and study on 1st floor) he has a shower downstairs as well!

YonicScrewdriver Wed 15-Jul-15 19:33:32

Another kind of alarm? A vibrating watch, or something under his pillow, or one of those light increasing things?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now