Talk

Advanced search

Grobag or sleepyhead

(8 Posts)
Lego80 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:51:32

Hi. We're expecting number 1 in October. Plan is to use a Moses basket to begin with and use a Grobag/sleeping bag. After this then the baby will got to its cot bed. Obviously it will be too small for the bed so we're wondering whether we'd need something like the sleepyhead to keep him/her secure. Or is the fact they're secure in a Grobag enough?

andadietcoke Tue 14-Jul-15 15:54:04

My DTs slept in a sleepyhead until they grew out of them at about 10 months and then we got the grande ones. It made the transition to cot easier because they'd slept in the sleepyhead from day 1. I'm not sure if the sleepyhead would fit in a Moses basket though...

Pico2 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:55:10

Grobag was fine for both of mine. Neither spent much time in their Moses basket - I think they are massively overrated and have a nearly new one still.

Lego80 Tue 14-Jul-15 16:14:27

I wasn't planning on putting the sleepyhead in the Moses basket. I'm wondering if they sleep in a Grobag do they need someone like a sleepyhead when they go into a cot bed

YouCanDanceIfYouWantTo Tue 14-Jul-15 16:24:19

We did the transition straight from moses basket to cot when DD was around 3 months old and she'd been in swaddles and sleeping bags - there weren't any problems at all!

I know friends have loved their sleepyheads for their DCs though but they bought them when their DCs were having problems transitioning.

But for me, it seems like an extra expense that you might not need - so probably best to see how your DC does with the transition from moses basket to cot - it's a long way off though!

MrsBP Sat 18-Jul-15 02:35:54

My advice would be to forgo the Moses basket and just get a sleepyhead instead. Newborns love them and the transition to cot is then a piece of cake. If your blessed with a good sleeper, and I think they're rare! A gro bag night work from the start but many babies hate Moses baskets and need swaddling and love the nest/womb like feeling of the sleepyhead. Second time round I've splurged on a crib for the sleepyhead but dd1 just slept in it on a sofa cushion by our bed until we moved her to her own room and cot.

LucyBabs Sat 18-Jul-15 02:47:45

I never used a Moses basket for either of my dc.They went straight into a gro bag in their cot. Intermittently in our bed though! I never saw the use for moses basket imo
Best of Luck op smile

Tiptoeshoes Sat 18-Jul-15 02:54:41

We have a sleepyhead and dd2 loves it. She's really snug and before we got it would only sleep on me.

It's worth thinking about the fact they can't go in a sleeping bag/grobag until they reach a certain weight. If your baby comes early or is small it could take 6 weeks to reach required weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now