Talk

Advanced search

3 month old sleep issues

(6 Posts)
Missmc14 Mon 13-Jul-15 23:13:21

So my daughter will have 5 bottles a day inc a night feed then next evening will sleep from 8.30pm-6.30-7am without night feed so she needs the 5 bottles but any suggestions on how to get round this as she won't feed before 4hours in the day so can't squash a bottle in that way and won't have dream feeds or wake up to feed before I go bed she's too sleepy. I don't mind doing one night sleep one night with a feed just she seems more happy and content on the days she's slept straight through....

Any advice would be great

HeiressesGiltnor Mon 13-Jul-15 23:18:01

How much does she have in each bottle? When does she currently feed? When she has the 5 bottles how much milk in total is she getting in 24hrs?

Missmc14 Mon 13-Jul-15 23:24:14

If she has the 5 bottles it's a night feed about 2/3 then 7am then every 4 hours then has bath n bed after 7pm feed.
She has 6oz a feed
then next night doesn't wake for the 2/3am feed n only ends up having 4 bottles during day which Obv isn't enough she's gaining weight perfectly tho just I don't want her not having enough

HeiressesGiltnor Mon 13-Jul-15 23:35:25

I would try upping the amount in her bottles. She's having 30oz when she has 5 bottles. Try 4 x 7oz bottles instead? Or you could try offering her less, more frequently.

At that age my son was doing 7/10/1/4/7 and a middle of the night feed.

Then around 6/7 months we dropped to 7/11/3/7.

Now he's 10 months he does 7/12/7.

Do bear in mind that her sleep habits are likely to fluctuate quite a bit so I wouldn't be too worried about making it 'perfect' as it will Al change quickly enough!

catsofa Tue 14-Jul-15 00:46:41

Why do you feel she's not getting enough if she is gaining weight perfectly?

Missmc14 Tue 14-Jul-15 07:47:34

Yeah I know this sleep routine will change just gonna alter her routine as times go by. Thanks for the advice ��

And I was worried she's not getting enough on the days she only has 4 6oz bottles in 24 hours bevause that's a new thing she's just started doing which could change if she carrys on gaining weight correctly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now