Talk

Advanced search

Getting a longer stretch at night from 6 month old

(3 Posts)
Bugaboom Fri 10-Jul-15 07:37:43

Hi. I have a 6 month old dd who is ebf, just started solids a week ago. I don't expect a 12 hour sleep (although it would be lovely) just longer than her usual 2 hours so that I could maybe have an evening out at sometime. She feeds to sleep but generally I wake her slightly so she knows she is in cot. Tried the whole putting her down awake but sleepy a few weeks ago and it just wasn't working, and even when it did she didn't sleep any longer. Won't take dummy or bottle despite numerous attempts. Pretty good at day naps- usually 9.30, 1.30, and if they're short a 4pm nap. She goes down around 7-8. Then wakes after two hours. I try to put her back in her cot but she's generally in my bed by midnight. I don't mind cosleeping but would just like a bit more freedom in evening. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

FATEdestiny Fri 10-Jul-15 12:02:57

I would try to not lift baby in the night, settling in the cot with shushing and patting back to sleep.

Bugaboom Fri 10-Jul-15 14:34:01

Thanks. I'll try this evening. I tried shush pat to get her off to sleep about a month ago without much success but maybe she'll be more ready now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now