Talk

Advanced search

Cannot stop 9 week old napping all day long in the hot weather.... any tips?

(9 Posts)
uppereastsidemom Wed 08-Jul-15 17:29:05

She is awake and alert in the a/c inside (we are in a hot climate) and behaves like a normal baby grin. But we are out and about in the weather a lot due to also having a busy toddler, and she will not stay awake - pushchair, sling whatever. She just conked out on the floor in a warm room during a noisy toddler dance class hmm. I wouldn't mind except she is waking every 2-3 hours at night and was up at 6am.... I'm shattered. Any tips from hot weather experts?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 08-Jul-15 20:25:30

No hot weather experience at all here in The north west of England grin

But, waking every 2 to 3 hours at night sounds perfectly normal at 9 weeks. If you want to try to ease the nights, have you read the No Cry Sleep Solutions?

bobajob Wed 08-Jul-15 20:27:51

Babies that age do sleep a lot, mine were probably asleep at least 18 hours a day grin

Artandco Wed 08-Jul-15 20:28:50

That sounds normal though for most babies that age.

At 9 weeks mine slept 11-5am without waking. Fed 5am, slept until 8am. Napped around 6 hrs between 8am and 11pm

LillyBugg Wed 08-Jul-15 20:32:17

My baby was waking every 2-3 hours until he was 8 months shock. Sounds like a normal baby and nothing to do with the weather. not what you want to hear

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 08-Jul-15 20:48:10

Sounds normal to me too! At 9 weeks mine was definitely waking at least every 2-3 hours in the night (and was awake most of the day!)

uppereastsidemom Thu 09-Jul-15 01:27:14

Gah, not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the replies! She is so different to DD1 (who didn't sleep day or night!) that I feel like a novice again smile

Ibu1986 Thu 09-Jul-15 04:22:32

I have a 9 week old also living in a hot climate. How I wish he would just fall asleep on the floor. Instead he fights every nap unless in the carrier. I've always heard sleep begets sleep so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Until recently my DS was waking every 2-3 hours through the night. He is now sleeping 11/12 hours a night with 2/3 feeds.
Your LO sounds like she's perfectly normal.

Artandco Thu 09-Jul-15 07:50:43

I think sleep is important at that age. What you can do is try and keep her awake at least 2 hours before actual bedtime, and try and do napping in the day in the light, and bedtime dark so she gradually differentiates.

I think they recommend still putting baby to nap 90 mins after they last woke throughout the day at that age so they don't get over tired

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now