Talk

Advanced search

Ferberized him

(5 Posts)
jugglingmonkey Tue 07-Jul-15 19:56:41

I just wanted to start a post to share my experience of my 19 month old DS and his sleep regression. After more than two months of horrendous tears at bedtime, we have finally cracked it.

For anyone considering controlled crying/Ferber technique, I'd say give it a go.

Staying cot-side, as I'd been advised to, was working DS into hysterics, but 7, then 8 minute stints of crying, a quick cuddle and back in the cot, has worked, after just one week. Tonight he went to sleep beautifully, on his own, in the cot, no tears!

Yes the first few nights were hell, but persevere. I honestly thought we'd never get him sleeping on his own. Phew!

Not a smug post, just so relieved, and wanted to share a positive story.

FATEdestiny Tue 07-Jul-15 21:56:44

Controlled Crying techniques do works and are good options for the young toddler for who nothing is helping him sleep.

The problem with advocating CC methods is that people read this and think it is "the answer" for their baby, without thinking about baby's age.

While it is fine for a child over 12 months old (and it could be debated to be reasonable for a child over, say, 9 or 10 months old) - there has been a very recent thread on the sleep board with a mother singing the praises of using Controlled Crying on her tiny 9 week old newborn sad

So your post, while helpful and useful, should add the caveat that it is great for a 19 month old toddler - but that it is not ever appropriate for a tiny, young baby.

AmandaTanen Tue 07-Jul-15 22:05:11

I read the thread title as febrized him, as in squirted him with air freshener. In my defence, I haven't had a full nights sleep in over a year.

I'm glad you LO is sleeping better x

AmandaTanen Tue 07-Jul-15 22:05:45

Sorry for the x at the end...

jugglingmonkey Tue 07-Jul-15 22:42:42

Fate, for me, that goes without saying. I'm shocked someone would try that with a 9 wk old, and saddened. Just wanted to share a success story with an older toddler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now