Talk

Advanced search

Gentle Sleep Consultant Recommendation Bucks/Berks please.

(8 Posts)
Penguin13 Mon 06-Jul-15 07:08:09

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sleep consultant in Bucks or Berks who does not use cry it out or controlled crying or those kinds of techniques?

My baby's frequent waking (nearly 7 mo wakes every 2 hours and needs feed every time to settle) and my consequent sleep deprivation is really starting to affect my mental health and I think it's time to accept that I'm obviously rubbish at this and need help.

TIA!

Penguin13 Mon 06-Jul-15 17:39:18

Ok so in my sleep deprivation I had a major logic fail as clearly anyone who had successfully used a sleep consultant would no longer be stalking these boards. Any suggestions as to where to post my request? General parenting?

Artandco Mon 06-Jul-15 17:40:29

You could try simply sleep time. They work via phone/ email so wouldn't matter where your located

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 06-Jul-15 17:43:56

Ann Caird is one of the best gentle sleep consultants around. As with most consultants, it's all done by phone, email and Skype, so it doesn't matter where you live.

Penguin13 Mon 06-Jul-15 17:49:53

Thanks Art and Elphaba have either if you used the consultants you mentioned? Do you have a baby who peacefully sleeps through and just come on these boards to remember your past troubles and savour your new found well -rested state? grin

Penguin13 Mon 06-Jul-15 17:55:44

Ps. I hope that didn't sound snarky, it wasn't meant to!

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 06-Jul-15 18:01:56

I've used Ann with both of mine. Worked well with DS1 when he was 21 months old, when CC, CIO, pat-shh, No Cry Sleep Solution, EVERYTHING else had failed, so I went back to her as soon as DS2 turned 6 months old and was as appalling a sleeper as his big brother was. At 11 months old he's no better, which has confirmed to me beyond all shadow of a doubt that sleeping is a genetically determined skill and parenting has FA to do with it.

I've had over three years now of two hourly wakings (or more) and I'm pretty sure large parts of my brain have wizened. Ann's been an amazing shoulder to cry on this time around, if nothing else. I know others on here have had brilliant results with her, so my amazingly sleep-resistant baby is an exception rather than a rule.

Penguin13 Mon 06-Jul-15 18:33:47

Oh god you poor thing Elphaba! I hope you get some sleep soon. Needless to say you have now terrified me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now