Talk

Advanced search

1 year old really active in his sleep!

(3 Posts)
Becky2208 Sun 05-Jul-15 14:40:19

DS just turned 1. He's never been a great sleeper, but I've reached the end of my tether now, and I don't know what to do.

If we co-sleep, he'll sleep through the night, with the occasional grizzle, but he's so active in his sleep he keeps me awake - he sits, stands, rolls over and crawls while seeming to still be asleep - he usually ends up halfway down the bed, facing the other way from where he started.

When I try to get him to sleep in his cot, he moves around so much he bashes against the sides, so hard sometimes that he ends up with bruises! I'm wary of cot bumpers, as I think he'd try to use them to climb out of his cot.

The only thing I can think of is to get him a bed so he has more room, but I'm worried that he's too young, and could hurt himself falling out, even if we get a guard rail.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't had a full night's sleep in over a year, and I'm getting desperate!

Needsweetstosurvive Sun 05-Jul-15 17:18:52

How about a floor bed? Basically a glorified mattress on the floor! Google it for some pictures.

Becky2208 Sun 05-Jul-15 20:26:50

Thanks - I might try putting his mattress on the floor in his room and see how it goes. Will have to baby proof his room first! I'm fairly certain there will be some middle of the night wandering around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now