Talk

Advanced search

Should i wake him at 7?

(5 Posts)
lozzy1982 Sat 04-Jul-15 19:49:48

Hi mums, have a ds who is 4 months and looking to start some basic sleep training. It has been difficult thus far as he has reflux quite bad, and so once fed at night, cant really be put down straight away or when drowsy as needs at least 20 mins to let his feed settle unless he will just be sick everywhere! So have no choice most of the time to put him down fast asleep. Nights are varied, sometimes theres only 1 wake up, others a few, and i am beginning to think i need a more regimented routine in the daytime. My question is, if ds is still asleep at 7,and only due a feed at say 8 coz of the night we have had (like last, waking at 5 and wanting feeding) should i just wake him at 7 and attempt to feed again so that i can get some order to the day, feeds at the same time, and naps and bedtime at the same time? What do u think guys? Hope that post isnt confusing! Thanks smile

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Sat 04-Jul-15 19:51:45

Oh god no. Why would you wake him up? Noooooo

MarinaCoyle Sat 04-Jul-15 19:57:36

It depends on what suits you and your baby. You may be keen on routine but if your DS isn't then it could be tough.

I know a certain contentious person advocates for a 7am wake time come hell or high water with set feeds and naps etc. a friend of mine did this and it worked brilliantly for her and her DD, who seemed to nearly be looking for some structure.

My DD wouldn't have been up for that at all, and nor would I frankly, so I'd be of the "WHY WOULD YOU WAKE A SLEEPING BABY??!!!" school of thoughtwink

MarinaCoyle Sat 04-Jul-15 20:00:20

Sorry posted too soon. But to finish- your DS is still pretty tiny to be trying to sleep train. I'd just keep following his lead and don't worry about routine. If you were really keen you could try to gently nudge I guess but he sounds pretty good as it is.

Personally there's no way in hell I'd wake him! But then I have a 6am riser so I would say that wouldn't I?!

RoobyTuesday Sat 04-Jul-15 20:01:25

Not really sure what you mean by waking him at 7 if he is due a feed at 8 but unless you actually have to be somewhere in the morning or have other DC's to get to school etc I would just let him sleep until he is ready to wake up. With babies they really just get so tired and irritable if you try and wake them early or withhold sleep that it actually becomes harder to then get them to sleep later on. He is still very young, I'd go with the flow a while longer yet, they do find their own routines eventually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now