Talk

Advanced search

Should i wake him at 7?

(4 Posts)
lozzy1982 Sat 04-Jul-15 19:49:48

Hi mums, have a ds who is 4 months and looking to start some basic sleep training. It has been difficult thus far as he has reflux quite bad, and so once fed at night, cant really be put down straight away or when drowsy as needs at least 20 mins to let his feed settle unless he will just be sick everywhere! So have no choice most of the time to put him down fast asleep. Nights are varied, sometimes theres only 1 wake up, others a few, and i am beginning to think i need a more regimented routine in the daytime. My question is, if ds is still asleep at 7,and only due a feed at say 8 coz of the night we have had (like last, waking at 5 and wanting feeding) should i just wake him at 7 and attempt to feed again so that i can get some order to the day, feeds at the same time, and naps and bedtime at the same time? What do u think guys? Hope that post isnt confusing! Thanks smile

girliefriend Sat 04-Jul-15 19:53:47

You need to get mn to delete one of these threads (you have started 2 the same!!)

4 months is still quite little to be getting into a strict routine but if you feel a routine would be of benefit I used the Contented Little baby book as a guideline. For me it was useful but get that its not for everyone!!

Bohemond Sat 04-Jul-15 20:32:37

My DS is 5.5 months and we have a strict routine during the day no matter what time he wakes at night. I used to feed every 3 hours, varying the time according to when he fed at night - led to major confusion and I was never in the right place at the right time or ready with feeds. Now he feeds at 9am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 11pm and then sometime between 3 and 5am. I am happy and he is happy. If he needs feeding a little bit early I will do so but I always revert to the correct time on the next feed.

Bobian123 Sat 04-Jul-15 20:49:32

I did have a routine with DS (using the CLB book as a guideline like a girliefriend). But i think it's important to find your own routine. I always woke him at 7 and fed him (if he'd had a feed at 6, it just wouldn't be much) then 3 hourly after that. However, DS was a hungry baby so in reality it was more like every 2.5 hrs but I had a rough guideline to work with.

That worked for us but it totally depends on you and you baby. You'll hopefully find something that works well for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now