Talk

Advanced search

The dreaded bedtime routine for 3.5 month old! Ideas needed

(5 Posts)
lozzy1982 Thu 02-Jul-15 19:53:14

Hi mums, so since my ds was about 8 weeks we have done a rough bedtime routine of between 7 and 8.30 bath, baby massage, pjs and nappy change, feed, book and bed. Ds suffers terrible reflux, so after every feed, not just at night, we have to let him sit on us for at least 20 mims to let his feed settle. Cant just put him down or it comes straight up, so cant do the whole letting him settle himself yet as he generally asleep by the time he goes on the moses. Generally, he sleeps till
About 3/4 ish then wakes up
For a feed. Then gors back down for a little while then up
For 6 ish. However, some nights, he is getting really tierd at 6 and trying to nap, other times i am feeding him at 8 and then he wont fall asleep, and have to wait till his next feed then at 11 ish before he goes to sleep. I feel like im
Doing something wrong and just crap at all this. Also his daytime naps are all over the place. Its really hit and miss if he sleeps after a feed or not. Can tell he wants too but really fights it. Plus when he does
Go down his reflux often wakes him
Up.

Any ideas ladies? Or am i
Doing ok? What times do
U put ur little ones down?

Rachie1986 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:12:40

I think for 3.5 months you are doing awesome!

we certainly didn't manage much routine at all (despite my constant trying!) until 5months+. I'm sure many others were much earlier though.

You are doing fab! Well done!

lozzy1982 Thu 02-Jul-15 21:35:09

Thanks Rachie! Its really hard isnt it. Constantly second guessing yourself and wanting to do right. Thanks for your kind words anway smile

lozzy1982 Thu 02-Jul-15 21:35:09

Thanks Rachie! Its really hard isnt it. Constantly second guessing yourself and wanting to do right. Thanks for your kind words anway smile

lexyloub Thu 02-Jul-15 22:06:10

Stick to your routine as in the actual things you do before bed but don't be set to a time. If he's more tired 1 day do it earlier if he's more awake 1 day do it later on. The whole idea of a bedtime routine is so that eventually they come to learn that doing these things means it's bedtime/big sleep time I wouldn't be too concerned with what times this happens at this age follow your baby's lead. Stick it out It does work out in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now