Talk

Advanced search

dropping to one nap? 10.5 mo

(7 Posts)
nyldn Thu 02-Jul-15 19:37:09

my DS has been a terrible napper from the start, but we've been seeing longer naps here and there for the past month.

the last two days he's taken a 2 hr map at 9am and then absolutely refused an afternoon nap!

I don't know if it's the heat, or if he's transitioning to one nap and i need to start pushing his morning nap toward midday?

this is my first and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

justabigdisco Thu 02-Jul-15 19:46:52

That's the age that I switched from two 30ish min naps to 1 after lunch nap. Transition was fine if IIRC - and she started sleeping for 90 mins plus! Bliss! She's now 3.6 and dropped naps completely at about age 2.

nyldn Thu 02-Jul-15 19:58:12

thanks! did you work slowly towards it, or just jump to say a noon nap?

justabigdisco Thu 02-Jul-15 23:10:51

I'm pretty sure we just went for it. Just kept busy in the mornings, had an early lunch and put her down after that.

Chocolateteapots Fri 03-Jul-15 06:00:45

I wake my LO after max of an hour morning nap and then he will have another 1-1.5 hours after lunch HTH

Stillwishihadabs Fri 03-Jul-15 06:05:46

Yes either curtail the morning nap, so he will nap in the afternoon or push it back to 11ish (lots of toddlers sleep 11-1 and eat afterwards). The only problem with a long nap that starts at 9 is it could lead to overtired Ness and earlier starts.

scottygirl5 Sun 26-Jul-15 13:37:59

My 10.5 month old has also started refusing her afternoon nap but only sleeps 45-50 mins in the morning! Think the beginning of the transition to one nap can definitely happen but I agree with pp that a very long morning nap like you have may soon lead to early waking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now