Talk

Advanced search

8 week old is hot but won't settle in just a nappy

(6 Posts)
Lily1995 Wed 01-Jul-15 22:46:48

My 8 week old has a good routine going on. Last feed 7ish then a dream feed at 11. It is so hot tonight he's in just his nappy. It's 27c according to my iphone and the gro thermometer says 27+.

Problem is, he keeps doing the startle reflex and waking himself up and just seems unsettled. I've put a muslin over him but it's not really helped. It's like he doesn't feel secure and needs clothes on, but it's far too hot.
We are a top floor flat and we do t have a fan unfortunately.
He's usually well away by now, but he has been awake basically all evening. And all day come to think of it!!

Missingcaffeine Thu 02-Jul-15 20:36:50

Maybe take him for a walk in his pram? I have our baby sleeping in the pram in our garden at the moment in just a nappy with a thin muslin type sheet, as there is no way he will sleep in his room - it's way too hot. We had to do the same last night. Once he was asleep and it was a bit cooler I managed to transfer him to the cot. I realise this is not so easy in a flat - but it might be easier to go for a long walk than have a very overtired baby? Good luck!

foxmitten Thu 02-Jul-15 21:01:25

Mine is 16 weeks. He's in a nappy,T-shirt and 1 tog grobag, he is sleeping well. He always sleeps in the same room as us so we can monitor him.

lexyloub Thu 02-Jul-15 22:01:03

Have you got any bigger size vests you can put on him so he feels like he's got clothes on but loose enough to let the air in

MustBeDueSomeBetterFeet Fri 03-Jul-15 15:07:31

how about a thin swaddle? swaddle pod does a bamboo one which is supposed to be very cool.

TheOriginalWinkly Fri 03-Jul-15 15:09:47

You can get 0.5 tog grobag sleeping bags, or aden+anais do a gorgeous sleeping bag that's one layer of muslin, and a third of the normal price on ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now