Talk

Advanced search

Extreme room temperature

(9 Posts)
PenguinTheGrey Wed 01-Jul-15 17:49:32

our bedroom has gone up to 32 degrees. Baby is almost 5 months old. Rest of house no better. What the hell do I do?

Artandco Wed 01-Jul-15 17:54:52

Close curtains, open doors, put baby in pram and all go to a beer garden until it's cooled down a bit more smile baby can sleep in pram, and likely to be a slight breeze outside as evening goes on. If baby doesn't sleep fine, can play on the grass and you haven't wasted whole evening pointlessly trying to get them to sleep when they cant

Theas18 Wed 01-Jul-15 17:54:53

Clothes off and fan on or outside in plenty of shade with a breeze. Lots of drinks. Either breast feeding or extra cool boiled water for bottle feeders.

Dare I say in the nicest possible way , babies do just fine in hotter countries than this.

Theas18 Wed 01-Jul-15 17:57:32

Forget that. Beer garden is an ace idea. Though maybe you'd better put your clothes back on first smile

PenguinTheGrey Wed 01-Jul-15 20:11:26

Haha I love the beer garden idea! DP has to work ridiculously early though, so we've opted for pram in garden, temporarily.

On a serious note though - temp is still 32 & not looking likely to drop anytime soon (was 35 here today & still low 30s outside). We have to go to actual bed quite soon. Is it safe for him to be in a room that hot? He's only in nappy. Sorry if this is a stupid question, it's just they go on about overheating....

Artandco Wed 01-Jul-15 20:52:21

Does he usually sleep in your room? If not I would maybe move him into your room whilst it is this hot.

noblegiraffe Wed 01-Jul-15 20:56:17

Opening the loft hatch if you have one is supposed to help, as is hanging a cold damp towel over the window.

bronya Wed 01-Jul-15 21:00:45

Run a vest under the tap, fully wetting it. Then wring it out and put on baby damp. Incredibly cooling and will allow sleep (damp T shirt great for you too!).

Missingcaffeine Thu 02-Jul-15 21:24:58

Take baby and yourself into the coolest room in the house if that's possible. If you live in a house, the downstairs rooms should be cooler than upstairs, as heat rises (hence opening the loft hatches can help cool the house). Could baby sleep in pram or travel cot downstairs and you on the sofa?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now