Talk

Advanced search

Help! 8 month fighting all naps! How to fit round school run?

(1 Post)
Iwishicouldhavealieinjustonce Tue 30-Jun-15 16:46:26

My 8 month old was in a fairly good routine, up until a few weeks ago. He used to get up around 7, nap from 9.30-10.30, then again from 1-3 (when I have to leave the house to pick up my 5 year old), then bed at 7. He's also still frequently waking at night, but that's another story...
Problem is, he started to show signs of not wanting his morning nap until more like 10.30-11.30, but this has had a huge impact on his later naps and now he's point blank refusing to nap at all after this. I feel like the ideal time would be around 2.30-4 but I have to be out of my house doing the school run between 3-3.45, so this is just not possible. Today I have been trying to get him to take a nap since about 1.30, then walked to school in the hope he'd fall asleep in the pushchair (didn't work), and it is now almost 5 and he still will not go down. He is miserable, I am miserable, and I feel like a complete failure to be honest. I just don't know what to do....
Hoping someone might have some advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now