Talk

Advanced search

Newborn won't settle every morning, any ideas?

(3 Posts)
HappyLucyLou Mon 29-Jun-15 12:35:18

He's just over 2 weeks old, second child, first child was textbook. He sleeps fine during the day, good long naps, and sleeps as well as can be expected at night. Breastfed and wakes to feed every 2-3 hours, sometimes 4. However every morning for the past 2 weeks he does not settle at all. For example, today he woke at 6.30am and from then till 12 everytime I've put him down (even though fast asleep in my arms, fed, clean nappy) he wakes within a couple of minutes crying. Its been exhausting this morning and can't figure out why he's only like it in the morning. After 12 and now hes sound asleep in his moses! Anyone got any ideas why it might just be mornings that I'm missing???

Allthatnonsense Tue 30-Jun-15 21:17:34

Have you tried upping the noise? The only time my 4 week old will sleep reliably is either in the kitchen with radio, dishwasher, washing machine, drier on. Or in town with the constant hum of the crowds, if I go a anywhere quiet (such as the bookshop) she wakes in minutes.

I'm thinking about trying a dummy. None of my others had one and in not too keen on the aesthetic. but I need my arms back!!

chumbler Tue 30-Jun-15 22:05:06

maybe he's cluster feeding in the mornings?

a sling might help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now