Talk

Advanced search

4 month sleep regression- inevitable?

(9 Posts)
Archer26 Sat 27-Jun-15 14:40:24

Hi all,

I have a 10 week old DS who has been a very content baby since day 1. He self settles and currently goes to bed at 8 and wakes up for 1 feed about 3am/4am and then settled back down quickly.

I know I'm lucky. I've been reading a lot about the 4 month sleep regression and am beginning to panic. Is it inevitable? I see a lot of posts where dramatic changes if sleep are put down to it.

Did anyone not go through it with their DC's? Please give me a like bit of hope!

RaaRaaTheLion Sat 27-Jun-15 14:52:27

DD is 8 months and touch wood, no regression here. Few tough nights when her two teeth came through and getting used to the daylight coming earlier but no hellish ones. A friend of mine is currently on month two of on the hour every hour waking a with her 5 month old.

Fingers crossed for you!

GoodToesBadToes Sat 27-Jun-15 15:24:00

Didn't happen to me!

Needsweetstosurvive Sat 27-Jun-15 19:31:01

I didn't notice any particular difference, but then my baby was sleeping pretty badly from the start anyway so couldn't have got much worse!

gamingmum Mon 29-Jun-15 09:34:33

We had one very crappy week at four months but it got better after that as she stopped wanting to be swaddled and started learning to self soothe so it was worth the horrible no sleep week.

HeyMicky Mon 29-Jun-15 09:37:32

DD didn't at all - nothing changed

ThursdayLast Mon 29-Jun-15 09:39:24

It's certainly not inevitable.

It's very easy to prescribe notions to babies ie; wonder weeks etc.

Much easier to parent the baby in front of you, and try not to worry about things that might not even happen smile

Archer26 Tue 30-Jun-15 16:31:36

Feeling positive ladies, thanks!

LIG1979 Sun 05-Jul-15 02:17:57

Not at 4 months but then went downhill at 5 months. confused I thought I had escaped it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now