Talk

Advanced search

25+ degree bedroom

(7 Posts)
ohthegoats Thu 25-Jun-15 23:18:28

It's pretty warm here this evening - I opened bedroom windows while we did bath time and the temperature went up!

So, she's sleeping in a short sleeved vest in a 1.5 tog bag. Is that alright?

Next week they are talking 30 degrees. Should I be buying a 1 tog sheet bag?

Lily1995 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:08:53

Our gro thermometer said it was 27+ yesterday evening. It really didn't feel that hot to me. I had baby in his usual short sleeve vest and sleep suit. At the 2am feed when it had cooled down I put the 1.5tog bag on him.

I personally wouldn't bother buying a 1.0tog just for a heat wave. Unless you're in a hot country of cause.

But if you're in Britain I really wouldn't bother.

Archer26 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:12:36

This is the one thing since having ds that has confused me the most! Last night my gro egg said it was 23.4 in his room so he was in a short sleeved vest and his 1.5tog gro bag. I thought this was fine but did wonder if I should get rid of the gro bag.

I mentioned it to my friend who also had s baby and she was horrified and said at that temperature it should be nappy only?! Surely not or am I slowly cooking my ds?

ohthegoats Fri 26-Jun-15 13:06:42

I don't know! Mine was disturbed during the evening more than usual - I could see her rolling around a lot, but she's having some teething issues, so that could also be to blame. If she's out of a bag she's standing up asleep, falling over, knocking her head and waking herself up etc, I'd much prefer she was in a bag! Maybe I'll have a go at making some sheet ones this weekend.

I slept in her room for part of last night, and had the duvet on - so it can't have been that hot.

SavoyCabbage Fri 26-Jun-15 13:17:26

I moved to a hot country and it took me about two years to learn that you don't open the window if you want a room cooler. Keeping the windows closed when it's hot is against my instincts.

monkey2014 Fri 26-Jun-15 13:53:45

It was 23.5 in our room last nigh. I left him in what he'd been wearing in the afternoon which was a short sleeved, short legs baby gro no vest and then he had a baby blanket folded in two. I was expecting to change him in the middle of he night but the temperature barely changed. He did wake up a lot! He felt ok to the touch, probably a bit on the cool side but I felt absolutely roasting myself and I'm a bit (way too much) paranoid about overheating him

roofio87 Fri 26-Jun-15 20:24:18

get a 0.5 tog bag if you can, they're great cos they are ok up to 27degrees with a vest but you can layer them up if it's cooler. we use it a lot over the summer, especially at nap times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now