Talk

Advanced search

9 month old sudden crap sleep grr.

(5 Posts)
squizita Mon 22-Jun-15 09:03:49

My dd has always been a reliable sleeper. She's never slept through but since

squizita Mon 22-Jun-15 09:07:25

Argh phone!

...but since 10 weeks has woken only one or twice a night and after settling quickly.

Just this week it's been a nightmare! sad Taking far longer to settle then waking in tears many times, often only I can settle her not dh. It's like she's scared almost.
Separation anxiety? Growth? Teeth?

nyldn Mon 22-Jun-15 09:56:41

this is happening with DS, 10 mo, though he's been a hideous sleeper from the start. I reckon it separation anxiety. He started freaking out in the tub, too. the worst seemed to last just a few nights, but we're back to bf 2x a night and a couple non-bf resettles.

I have a pack of the milestone cards for pictures, and the "I slept through the night for the first time" has been just sitting out on our mantle, waiting eagerly to be used! I'm hoping desperately it's by his first birthday!

Missingcaffeine Mon 22-Jun-15 10:00:17

There are so many things it could be:
There is a growth spurt at 9 months so your baby may not be getting all the calories she needs.
If your baby learning to crawl/stand at the moment that can have a big impact on sleep as they are so excited they like to practice during the night. If it was this you would see your baby moving around the cot a lot in the night.
It could be nightmares. It does sound like it might be this from your description.
It could be separation anxiety - but more than likely if it was separation anxiety you would have signs of this in the day I would have thought.
It could be teeth - but again you would probably have some signs of teeth causing a problem during the day such as dribbling, red cheeks, swollen areas of gums that are white where teeth nearly through, teeth grinding, wanting to bite on things, not wanting to eat solids etc. If it is this, I found pain relief such as baby Ibuprofen to work really well.
Good luck!

squizita Mon 22-Jun-15 10:29:03

She's fed on demand so I think she'd get enough food ... but she is drooling and maybe that's causing a clash (ie hungry but eating hurts a bit) poor thing.
We Co sleep and when she wakes she's wriggling and flexing.

LOL ... is it "all of the above"!! grin sad grin
Just gotta keep feeding and ride it out I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now