Talk

Advanced search

14 month old wakes for long stretches!!

(3 Posts)
naomihibb Thu 18-Jun-15 07:19:59

Hey everyone! My 14 month old DD has always been a poor sleeper on and off, she had reflux so she never stirs, just goes from asleep to wide awake. Anyway, she started sleeping through a few months ago, but just recently she's been waking up from 10ishpm - 2.30isham, then she wakes about 6.30 (normal time) Not every night, its completely inconsistent! She SCREAMS! and hubby and I completely disagree on how to deal with it...i think controlled crying, he thinks fuss over her!! I've recently gone back to work and I am wondering if that has something to do with it? Also, her nap is still fairly early, usually 9.30-10ish until 12 ish cos she can't wait for her nap, especially if she's been up in the night! She's not walking yet so wondering if its a developmental leap taking a while! Please help, we are completely exhausted!

naomihibb Thu 18-Jun-15 20:48:34

Anyone?!

FATEdestiny Thu 18-Jun-15 23:48:38

She's probably screaming because she is over-tired, exhausted and desperately wants to go back to sleep but is having difficulty doing so, so is frustrated.

How do you get her to sleep at bedtime/naptime?

You really could do with a few sleep associations and triggers to help get her back to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now